When I was 9, I decided I was going to make list of every single person I knew. I sat at my desk in my bedroom and racked my brain, filling my Lisa Frank notepad with tens of people. The total came to about 80, including names like “my best friend’s brother’s best friend”.
The following year, I started a list of every website.
Every website. On the internet.
I was a waaaay cool kid. I had at least 80 “friends”.
Now in my adult years, I’ve decided to make a list of every single s’mores baked good for the S’melanie. Good to know that things haven’t changed much… I’m still way cool.
My latest creation stemmed from the idea that I needed to add something bite-sized to my s’mores repertoire. A graham cookie cup holds a milk chocolate nugget and some toasted mini marshmallows – all the best s’mores flavors in a three-bite package!
S’mores Bites (adapted from Diana Rattray’s Graham Blondies)
yield: 24 bites
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 large bar milk chocolate
- ~1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until fully combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt until there are no pockets of flour; gently swirl in the graham cracker crumbs until just combined.
- Divide the dough evenly into a (24-cup) mini muffin tin. Bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges are barely golden and the center still looks a bit gooey. While baking, cut the chocolate bar into 24 1/2-inch pieces.
- Remove from the oven and quickly press the chocolate in the center of each cookie. Top with 2-3 mini marshmallows.
- Put your oven on broil and place the bites under the broiler for about a minute, or until the marshmallows have browned. Cool completely and remove from the muffin tin.