Sorry I’m not sorry this isn’t a Thanksgiving recipe. At this point if I see one more pumpkin/stuffing/cranberry concoction I’m going to puke.
The real reason I seriously restrict my holiday & seasonal celebration time period is because I get obsessed and then REALLY REALLY bored with things. So…right now? After looking at 215325236 pumpkin recipes and stockpiling canned pumpkin like it was going out of style?
No thank you please.
(Except these pumpkin churros. I want them in, around, and/or on my life.)
Instead, I’ve come up with another treat for the S’melanie! (Please…please…help me think of a better s’name.)
Chestnuts S’mores roasting on an open fire gas stove…
In other news, s’mores taste good all year round.
Browned butter. Ooey gooey melted marshmallows. Graham cracker crumbs. Crispy cereal. Hershey’s chocolate.
Did I mention browned butter?
S’mores Crispy Treats
(yield: about 30 treats)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce bag of marshmallows
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs (roughly crushed)
- 7 ounces of Hershey’s chocolate (~1 cup), melted
- In a large pot, heat butter on medium until it starts to brown. Reduce heat to low and add the marshmallows. Stir until fully melted.
- Remove from heat and add crispy cereal and 2 cups graham cracker crumbs. Mix until all cereal is coated.
- Spread in a greased 9×9-inch square pan (for thicker treats) or 9×13 (for thinner treats). Spread melted chocolate on top. Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow chocolate to harden, then cut and serve!